Friday 6 October 2017

CASTING COUCH EXISTS - RADHIKA APTE

Radhika Apte is one actor who has been breaking all norms that once defined the heroines of Bollywood. Her unconventional looks and her art house appeal have never held her back from stepping confidently into the mainstream or fulfilling her most ambitious acting dreams. From Akshay Kumar’s Padman to pairing up with Saif Ali Khan in Sacred Games and Ayushmann Khurrana in The Piano Player, Apte boasts of a rather impressive line up.
She says More than auditions, it’s the meetings you know. Initially you go for these meeting and they tell you ‘you need to do this to yourself, you need to do that to yourself’. But I would never be bothered. She further added , if you are the son of a businessman who has a huge business, it’s obviously easier for you to at least get introduced in that scene. So it’s not something that happens only in the film industry. It happens across every field. Even for a shoemaker’s son, it would be easier to start a shoe making business than for anyone else.  coming to the CASTING COUCH INCIDENT she says, I just got this one call where someone told me that ‘listen, if you want to go meet this producer he might ask you to sleep with him’. I laughed and I said ‘no, I am not going to meet him then’. But other than that, I have worked with lots of people and I have never faced this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raj singh suryavanshi bags a comedy series

  Talented actor Raj Singhh Suryavanshi has explored different genres when it comes to acting. After exploring the Mythological genre with s...